Monday, October 21, 2013

Worry Much?

I don't know where I got this from or if I was born this way but as long as I can remember I have always been a nervous natured person or as people call me, a worry wart. I remember staying up all night as a little girl watching KY3 weather to make sure my family wasn't going to be destroyed by a tornado every time it would storm. I also remember one occasion I started bawling out of nowhere not long after my Dad passed away from cancer because my mom came home with a cotton ball taped on her arm from a blood draw and I just knew she had cancer and she was going to die too and we would all be orphans. Or when Matt joined the Marine Corp I acted like I was attending a funeral for nearly a year because I was so scared something bad would happen to him. The list goes on, I never really seen this to be an issue until I had a child of my own. Oh my goodness!!!! Sometimes I literally get sick over nothing. I have had myself convinced Sawyer was deathly sick or injured numerous times. There have been a few times he has needed medical attention but 99% of the time he is perfectly fine. But as I lay here writing this I am now determined to bleach every square inch of my house tomorrow because I just watched on the 10 o' clock news that a 2 year old named Sawyer just die from e-coli. See what I mean?!? It's literally like a sickness.

I don't want to be this way. But how do you stop? I feel like this is who I am, and I can't imagine just not worrying. I have decided that the only chance I have to overcome these irrational fears and worries is to trust God with them. Easier said than done, but I know he has the power to take these worries away from me and give me peace. So here is what I have dug up - 1 Peter 5:7: Casting all you care upon Him; for He careth for you.  God cares for me, He loves me and and He knows what is best for me....therefore I need to be better at leaving it in his hands. He created the entire universe so I am sure he can handle taking care of me and my family's needs. I know Satan loves this about me, because I am so busy worrying sometimes that I never take the time to appreciate all the blessings I do have instead I am busy thinking about all the things that could go wrong. Here's another verse I found, 2 Timothy 1:7: For God hath not give us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. That's pretty self explanatory. These scriptures make me feel better. I serve a powerful God and he cares for His flock. I just need to keep these in mind so I can keep Satan's nasty thoughts out of my mind.

I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way and I am sure as a mother that it is normal to worry to an extent. When it starts hindering your walk with the Lord, something has got to change. As I laid here tonight panicking over e-coli, I realized I was taking it too far and I need to calm down and soak in the Word. The worst part is, I know the worry has just begun. I still have driving and dating years ahead of me and Lord have mercy if any of my children ever join the armed forces. Ahhhh!!! I had better stop ha ha, here I go again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment