Monday, August 4, 2014

Summertime - Don't Leave Me!

It is August everyone - August!  I am not even joking when I tell you that this makes me sad.  I am in love with warm weather.  We love swimming, playing outside, fishing, hanging out on the boat together, and grilling and sadly in a few months it will be all gone.  Thankfully we will have the joy of the Holidays to get us through until January, but after that I have one terrible case of the winter blues until about the end of March or April.  Maybe it was because last winter was so horrid, I am not sure but I am praying that it isn't so bitter cold this winter. 

Enough about depressing things - I have took a break from blogging lately because of the things I mentioned above. We haven't had time to do much this summer other than work, play, eat and sleep.  Tonight I put the munchkin to bed early because he had a bad case of terrible twos today and it was wearing on both of us here.  So after folding a load of laundry and catching up on a few vlog posts that I was behind on I thought I would be ambitious and get some reports done that I have been procrastinating on but since I have procrastinated so long my account went inactive.  Boooo!  Since I had the computer open and in front of me I thought I would just fill you all in. 

Josh is still loving his job as an ER nurse!  I am so happy to see him doing something that he loves to do and I am glad that he is working with coworkers that are good to be around as well.  That transition was much easier than I expected and I am so glad that all the hard work had paid off for him and it excites me when I think about all of the career opportunities he has in store for him. 

Sawyer has learned to talk pretty well now.  He learns something new every minute I am sure - he is such a sponge.  Even though he is right smack dab in the middle of his terrible twos, I am still loving the stage that he is in.  As a baby he wasn't very cuddly at all.  He always wanted to be exploring and trying to crawl, walk etc.  I am not sure what has changed but he has decided to become the most loving and cuddly child I have ever seen.  He is always saying, "I wanna cuddle you Momma."  and he lays on the couch with me and watches cartoons every morning until he gets good and woke up - definitely one of my most favorite times of the day.  Also, during his bedtime routine I still rock him to bed and we pray and sing songs and he also clings to me like a monkey when I tell him that it is time to go to bed.  It is really hard for me to put him down and walk away from such a sweet request from him.  Once I finally convince him to lay in his crib he then asks to kiss me a million times before I walk out.  I give him several kisses every night and when I start to walk out the door he always pleads for "another last kiss".  I am telling you he is something else.  I think he is getting close to being ready for potty training.  He has the peeing thing down pretty well (not perfect)  but for some reason the other end hasn't clicked yet but I am not going to push it.  We already tried to potty train him a few weeks ago and it ended up causing regression and a bad mood from him and me so we gave it up after a week. 

That is the update on how we all are.  Just soaking up what is left of summer and our days on the lake!  We have done so many fun things this summer that I will have to share pictures of on another post: our very fruitful garden, Panama City Beach, and lots of other good memories.  Til the next time - everyone soak up the sun while you can.  If only we could store up the rays for winter huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment